The Lit Queens. Powered by Blogger.

Power | Sneak Peek #2

by - 8:00 AM



**This sneak peek is subject to changes and/or edits**



Jareem’s scowl deepened the moment he saw me. 

“What the fuck you doing here?” 

“What you mean?” 

“I thought you got locked up since you didn’t come back.”

“I got arrested. I didn’t get booked.” Confusion crossed his face. “I can see you aren’t too happy about that.” 

“Can’t say I am.” He eyed me up and down. “How the fuck you didn’t get charged? You snitched?” He stood. 

“Ain’t nobody snitch. The fuck sense would that make?” I snarled at him. “I don’t know why I wasn’t charged but I ain’t about to ask questions.” Not trying to take the conversation any further, I changed the subject.  “I’m here to get my things and my cut so I can get on with my life.”

“Your cut?” he chortled. “Your cut of what? The job wasn’t successful.”

I knitted my brows together as if I had no idea what he was talking about. “What you mean it wasn’t successful? You got what we went in there for. I almost lost my freedom again because of it. I want my money and then I’m done with the Magicians and anything associated with TSE.” It sounded good but the one thing I wanted to reacquaint myself with was Jolee. If for nothing more than to get answers to the questions swirling around in my head. I had a lot after sitting in that cell. 

Jareem approached me. He was taller and slightly bigger than me but he didn’t intimidate me in the least. I had been defending myself most of my life and fighting came natural. “Like I fucking said, the job wasn’t successful, and it’s all your damn fault.  If you think you can walk away, you’re mistaken. Thanks to whatever the hell you fucked up on, I had to rush up out of there so quick I dropped the gemstone. Unless your stupid ass picked it up, it was a fail.” 

“My fault? I did what I was supposed to do. If you hadn’t been so thirsty to grab it, then we wouldn’t have been in that predicament. And if you dropped it that has nothing to do with me. You fucked up.” 

“Fuck all that!” He stormed away from me. “If you were as good as you claimed, none of that would have happened. You want out? That sounds like a personal problem because your debt isn’t paid until I say so. If you gotta issue with that, you know what’s coming. Try me.” I didn’t say anything as my face harden. “I’ll text you your next job. Fuck up on this one and that’s your life or Auztin’s.” 

I pressed down so hard on my teeth I thought my jaw would explode. I was helpless. Whether I wanted to accept it, Jareem had the upper hand, and I was his puppet. 




Power, is the second installment in our Urban Fairytale Series. Power is written by Bella and set to be released in the very near future. This will be her first published novel and the Queens can't be more excited about it. If you enjoyed the sneak peek make sure you join her new FB Group and also subscribe to our site!

You May Also Like

0 comments