The Lit Queens. Powered by Blogger.

Rekindled Sneak Peek

by - 11:15 AM

Enjoy this short sneak peek of Queen Parker's standalone novel, Rekindled, available on Amazon December 31st.

***


Brielle King

Laughing loudly, I stood to my feet and trudged over to the door to pull it open, getting the surprise of my life when I saw who was on the other side.

“Brian?” I questioned, pulling the door closed a little bit. “What are you doing here?”

“I’m sorry to just drop in on you like this, I didn’t know another way to get into contact with you. Is now a bad time?”

“Anytime is a bad time,” I snapped, hoping like all hell that Drea nor Tiera came to see who was at the door. “I thought I made it clear to you that I didn’t want anything else to do with you?”

“You did say that, and I’ve been trying to respect your wishes but I can’t Bri. I can’t get you out of my head. I tried.”

“Well, try harder.”

I wasn’t trying to come off like a bitch, but Brian popping up on my doorstep was the last thing that I needed right now, especially since Michael had somehow managed to squirm his way back into my life.

“Wow,” Brian raised an eyebrow, taking a step back. “It’s like that Brielle?”

“I’m sorry, I’m not trying to be rude but I just can’t do this with you anymore. You’re married, and I had no right to interfere in that. Go home to your family Brian, and please don’t show up here again.”

I went to close the door but he held his hand up to stop it, causing my eyebrows to dip in. “What the hell? Are you crazy?”

“Nah, but you must be if you think I’m going to be okay with you walking away from what we started without a look back.”

“Brian I’m not interested in—” My words turned into a gasp as he grabbed hold of my wrist, nearly yanking me out of the house.

“Did I fucking ask you what you were interested in?”

“Hey!” Quis’ loud voice based, and Brian let go of my wrist as if it was fire. Backing away from him, I sent up a quick prayer thanking God that Drea had annoyed her husband to the point of him pulling up on her. “Is there a fucking problem?”

“No,” I said quickly, not wanting to draw any more attention to the situation. “Everything is good bro.”

“You sure?” He came to a stop right next to Brian and I, and Brian gave me an angry scowl before opening his mouth to finally speak.

“We all good here. I’ll see you soon Brielle.”
“I don’t think that move is good for your health homeboy,” Marquis spoke up on my behalf. “Do yourself a favor and stay as far away from my lil sister as possible.”

Brian looked as if he was on the verge of arguing, but at the last minute backed down. Looking back and forth between Quis and I, he let out a scoff before taking off.

“You good?” Quis questioned me.

“Yeah, I’m okay.”

I was lying through my damn teeth. That whole ordeal had me shook, and to be honest I had no clue how to feel about it.

“Bri what the hell was that?” Drea questioned from behind me, and I looked back to see both her and Tiera standing there, with T holding a kitchen knife.

“More like who was that?” Tiera questioned. “Cause he was about to find himself the subject of an episode of the first 48.”

“I don’t want to talk about it,” I replied quickly, wishing like all hell that they would just drop the subject, but knowing my friends, it wasn’t going to happen.



You May Also Like

0 comments